On these housebandh days,,the major plight
Through which a larger section of migrants going on is their sporadic lifestyle , The hassle and chaos which hasbeen spotaneously created .
Amidst the pandemic the roaring but in a low pitch might be seen in the eyes of large number of migrants walking miles of distance just to go flat towards their natives
Recently ,Uttrapradesh government come out with a portal of skilled and unskilled migrants ,about 30 lakh migrants during these two months returned back to their native state Uttrapradesh.
• On this larger Number ,One third of migrants are construction and factory workers
• 66,000 are agricultural labourers, 65,000are carpenters,62,000 are associated with sitching or are tailors.
• drivers,21,093 cooks,17,000 are electricians,11,60 are plumbers
Women in migrants- most of the women who had returned are ayahs ,About 9,000 are ayahs
• 4,531are beauticians ,3,200 are domestic helpers
• there are 2,000 people who were engaged in banking and insurance sectors also.
Overall on the concluded note,
mostly the short term migrants are the most affected section as short term migrants consist of moslty unskilled workers
In the study of 2018 world bank working paper by Gaurav nayyar and Kyoung yang kim bank explains the short term migrants were covered so many journeys on foot between states in compare of long term migrants.
As through the statistics of government it was declared that About 50% of workers are in unskilled criteria or unskilled workers.
Where as long term migrants are come as highly skilled or skilled workers these are engineers,teachers, in Banking sectors.
A glance at MNREGA-
Initiatives taken by Government
MNREGA came as a major relief for raising migrants financial status and providing them a platform for their employment.
• As Of now 57lakh migrants were reliefed by this initiative of government.
• 1,900 crore wages havebeen paid.
• Through Departmental Data ,It was declared that so many labourers were engaged in many of the government projects like cleaning and deepening of ponds in villages ,River rejuvenation across the state.
• Uttrapradesh Industrial development agency deployed many labourers in construction sites ,with safety preventions and along with social distancing
• About 12,000 workers are deployed in pruvanchal expressway ,Bhundelkhand expressway and Gorakhpur link expressway.
Is there something for women?
Statistics revealed that major portion of migrants in India are women
As the major reason of their migration within states or between states is getting married.
And after that women have to go for frequent movement for earning is just to look after their children
As women consist of major illiterate and unskilled population.
Government is Planning to Engage most of the women in self helf groups For manufacturing Maska and PPT Kit
And also under the Sakhi Yojana deployed so many women for providing banking services at door step’s.